Mercury retrograde, such a fear inducing sentence! People start complaining and hide in their home, blame the planet of intellect for any bad luck and have hysterical reactions. The truth is that you should not stop your life during this ongoing transit; nevertheless, it is good to keep an eye on some areas of your life where the winged messenger planet might have an adverse impact. After the Mercury Retrograde article, we decided to create a blueprint for surviving these turbulent periods!
So, what should we do when Mercury turns retrograde?
- Back up your data! The planet’s retrograde movement can have a quite adverse effect on everything technological. Computers, phones and gadgets can break or malfunction; it would be a stupid idea to lose your vacation pictures because you were too lazy to transfer them from your phone to your desktop PC. Also, watch out for pickpockets, especially in public transportation!
- When someone offends you, do not take his words personally. Most people’s minds are in confusion during this type of transit, and even the dearest people can express themselves in awkward ways that can hurt us. Communication between people functions less harmonically; make sure that it is not you who offends others!
- Do not rush into purchases during Mercury retrograde. Objects that you will buy may be faulty and not function well; an issue you will probably discover later. This will even more frequently happen with technological equipment, and whatever machine has to do with communication or transportation. Instead, spend your time on researching the market, to buy the best thing after the planet turns direct. If you decide to go YOLO and buy things during Mercury backwards movement, make sure you get a warranty.
- Do not sign important contracts. Unless it is something very urgent, postpone it for a later time. If you have no other alternative, read the small letters carefully before signing. Also, check if you have correctly filled all your information, as trouble might rise from incorrect data entries. Double-check your online order for that airplane ticket before validating, maybe you misspelled a letter in your surname, which would give you last minute problems at the time of departure.
- Aim arriving a lot earlier to your appointments. Mercury is disrupting transportation, so it’s likely that you will have to endure traffic, the bus might break down or you will simply be checking out that hot blondie and miss the right station to exit. If you travel long distances, always arrive earlier to the airport, to the port or to the station. Double-check your baggage and keep your traveling papers and important things near you all the time!
- Do not make any type of decisions that are permanent. Deciding to get married, to move to another country, to quit your job, to start a business, to get a raccoon as a pet should wait until Mercury goes direct again. You really do not wish getting stuck into situations where even banging your head on the wall would not help.
- Think twice before speaking. Mercury makes our words spring out of our minds more carelessly than usual. Choose words that cannot create negative emotions or even the possibility of misinterpretation; you will notice that even if you have the best intentions, other people will be easily irritated. That woman might not be pregnant but only chubby.
- Check the receiver’s address or number, when you send something. No matter if it is an email, a SMS or a parcel, you want it delivered to the correct person, right? You really don’t need your naked pictures being sent to your boss, or that drunk “I want to see you” message sent to that psychotic ex-girlfriend who was still stalking you some time ago.
- Check your vehicles’ condition, and ensure that you have the emergency kit needed to change that flat tire. You probably do not want to hassle other drivers for them to help you; make sure that you have a backup tire too! Also, it is wise to keep an eye on your car insurance expiration date, as during mercury retrograde, you might forget that you need to renew it! In any case, drive slower, don’t drink and don’t let that hot chick touch you under the wheel. Your fantasies can wait until you reach a safe place.
Each planets have a different effect on you, depending on which house and sign they reside in. In order to find out where they are located in your natal chart, you can use our free birth chart generator. Also, examine the aspects that they form with other planets in your chart. You will understand a lot more about the detailed role that they have in your horoscope.